Williamson Brothers

Williamson Brothers was a textile merchant company based in Kolkata, (Calcutta) India. Robert Cochrane Williamson formed a partnership with Herriott, who left the business shortly afterwards in 1854. Mr Williamson became the sole proprietor until 1855 when younger brother, Mr Andrew Williamson joined the company in 1860 follwed by Mr Robert Cowan and William Craik in 1868. Mr Cowan left the business in 1870.