The company was incorporated on 18th April 1946. The company had offices at 52 Corporation Street, Blackfriars in 1948 and at Brunswick Yard, 37 Quay Street, Manchester until c.1954 and then later at Hulme Locks, Egerton Street, Manchester.

Directors of the Company included: Arthur Shaw (1947-1971); Alfred Shaw (1968-1971); Arthur Kenny (1968-1971); William Underwood (1968-1978); and James Deaville (1969-1978). Dates for the directors are approximates based on original archive material.