Jones' Sewing Machine Co Ltd
The company was formed in 1859 by William Jones and in 1860 he formed a partnership with Thomas Chadwick, becoming Chadwick & Jones. The company manufactured sewing machines under licence from Howe and Wilson from 1863 onwards. In 1869 William Jones opened a factory in Guide Bridge after his partner Thomas Chadwick left the company. The Jones’ Sewing Machine Company continued to manufacture machines until 1968, when it was acquired by Brother Industries.