Ferguson, Pailin Limited
Makers of heavy duty electrical switchgear and general electrical engineers, based in Higher Openshaw, Manchester. The company was formed in 1913 by Samuel Ferguson and George Pailin, who had worked for Ferranti as switchgear engineers. Ferranti Ltd sold its switchgear patents and stock to Ferguson, Pailin Ltd. in 1913.
The company was acquired by Associated Electrical Industries in 1928, but continued to operate as a separated entity until 1960, when it was merged into AEI Switchgear.
The Openshaw factory was eventually closed in 2003, having operated as part of GEC (the General Electric Company), and later GEC Alsthom.