Gale and Polden Limited 1888 - 1963
1892-, printer, publisher, Aldershot
James Gale had his first shop in 1866, but in 1888 joined forces with his second apprentice Ernest Polden. They became incorporated in 1892. In 1893 they moved to the Wellington Press. Publishers of the Aldershot news since 1894. Gale and Polden acquired a number of smaller printing firms in 1956 including: Know Publications, producers of the Woking Opinion newspaper; Paines of Worthing and John Drew Ltd. In 1963 they were taken over by the Purnell Group and joined with Hazel Sun, to form the new British Printing Corporation (BPC) the largest printing company in Europe.