Peter Brotherhood Limited
Peter Brotherhood Limited is an engineering company based in Peterborough, which was established as a private company on the 16th December 1907. Its history starts in 1867 when Peter Brotherhood and G. D. Kittoe formed Kittoe and Brotherhood at 63 and 56 Compton Street, London, this partnership dissolved in 1871. Brotherhood later joined Mr Hardingham and became Brotherhood and Hardingham. In 1872 Brotherhood invented a new type of engine with three cylinders at 120 degrees, which was exhibited at the Vienna Exhibition. Mr G. B. Oughterson joined as general manager in 1878 and works were opened at Westminster Bridge in 1881.
In 1902 Peter Brotherhood died and his son Stanley Brotherhood ran the firm. By 1914 they were manufacturers of High Speed Engines, Steam Turbines, Air Compressors, Fans and Fan Engines. In 1920 they produced a tractor for direct ploughing and became part of Agricultural and General Engineers. They opened a branch office at 324 Harrogate Road, Leeds in 1925.
On the 29th June 1937 the company became a public listed company. In 1944 they produced the Brotherhood-Ricardo diesel engines 40-500bhp with 2-8 cylinders. In 1965 they acquired the Sandiacre factory of Crossley-Premier Engines, but not the business.
In 2008 Peter Brotherhood Ltd was acquired by specialist engineering firm the Hayward Tyler Group. They still exist under the name Peter Brotherhood Ltd.
PETER BROTHERHOOD LIMITED, WERRINGTON PARKWAY, PETERBOROUGH, PE4 5HG, Company No. 00096092, Date of Incorporation: 16/12/1907, Country of Origin: United Kingdom, Company Type: Private Limited Company; Nature of Business (SIC(03)): 2912 - Manufacture of pumps & compressors; 2852 - General mechanical engineering; 2956 - Manufacture other special purpose machine; 3161 - Manufacture electric equipment, engines etc.