Melton Constable Railway Mission
Melton Constable Railway Mission was founded in 1884 with the first Minutes being recorded in March 1887. Meetings, Sunday services, Sunday school and Bible classes were held in the Railway Institute. A New Mission Hall opened on Fakenham Road, Briston, on the 4th of June 1967.
The Railway Works in Melton Constable closed in 1936 and the Midland and Great Northern Railway closed in 1959 both of which greatly affected the membership of the Melton Constable Railway Mission. In 1987 the Mission celebrated its centenary. It no longer operates but it is unclear when it ceased or what happened to the Gospel Hall in which it held its meetings.