Williamson Kinematograph Company Limited
1898- c 1910, film production company, cinematography and photographic equipment manufacturer, Hove, England
The company was established by James Williamson (1855-1933), chemist, photographer and Kodak agent who began producing motion pictures in 1898.
Williamson Kinematographic Company opened its first purpose-built film production studio and film processing works at Cambridge Grove, off Wilbury Road Hove in 1902. The company expanded in 1907 opening new offices in London and New York (by Williams Son, Alan). Williamson quit film production in 1909 with the company concentrating on film processing and camera manufacturing with the company name Williamson Manufacturing Company Limited.
In 1910 the studio was taken over by Charles Urban's Natural Colour Kinematograph Company who produced aerial cameras during the First World War.