Williamson Manufacturing Company Limited
1910-current (2016), film developer, camera manufacturer, pump manufacturer, London, Sussex
Successor to Williamson Kinematograph Company Limited of Hove. The company was founded by cinematography pioneer James Williamson (1855-1933) in Hove.
The Williamson Company concentrated on the production of cameras and printers, moving to Williamson House, 28 Denmark Street, Charing Cross Road in 1910.
They continued to trade as Williamson Kinematograph Company until the second world war with the factory at Wilsden Green, manufacturing cameras and printing equipment and film developing (especially x-ray film); noted for aerial and reconnaissance cameras (used by RAF during both first and second world wars). They diversified into pump manufacture in the 1950s in association with Gorman Rupp Industries of Ohio; currently, as of 2016, manufactures pumps at The Street, Poynings, West Sussex.