Bradford Theatre Royal Picture House Ltd
Bradford Theatre Royal Picture House was a cinema based in Bradford between 1921 and 1974, based in the building which formerly operated as Bradford Theatre Royal.
The cinema opened as the Bradford Theatre Royal Picture House on the 5th of December 1921 with a showing of the Charlie Chaplin film 'The Idle Class.'
In 1965 the cinema's owners had gone bankrupt and it was put up for sale by the liquidators. A Company called Expo 20 Ltd. then bought the Theatre and after refurbishment they reopened it as the Irving Royal Cinema, as a tribute to Henry Irving who had played his last performance at the Theatre some years before in 1905. The Irving Royal Cinema opened on the 27th of February 1967 with the Al Jolson film 'The Singing Fool'. In October the same year Classic Cinemas took over the building and renamed it the Classic Royal Cinema, unceremoniously dropping the Irving name.
The Classic closed on the 16th of November 1974 after a last showing of the film 'The Graduate'.