J M Shasha & Sons Ltd
J M Shasha was established in Manchester in 1905 and set up a textile exporting business, specialising in trade with Persian Gulf and Africa.
The company traded under various brand names, Jai Hind; Sha Sha Fabrics; Rising Sun Brand; Hand and Spray Fabrics; Jayemess. The company’s own trade mark was a hand spray emblem.
In around 1950 the company changed its name to Shasha & Sons Ltd, still exporting textiles goods, chemicals and sundry goods to various countries around the world.
The company also operated a subsidiary company J M Shasha Engineering Co Ltd involved in the exporting of machinery and engineering expertise. The machinery was supplied to various sectors including agriculture, textiles and industrial workshops that required pumping equipment and machine tools.