Manchester Airport plc
Construction of the airport at Ringway began on 28 November 1935, and it opened on 25 June 1938. During the Second World War it was an important site in the production of military aircraft and in training parachutists. After the war, it reverted to a civilian airport and gradually expanded, with the second runway being added between 1997 and 2001. The airport is now owned by Manchester Airport Group plc.