Antonio Fattorini set up business in Leeds in 1829 as a jeweller and hardware dealer. After a move to Bradford he established the business of Fattorini & Sons. His sons were to form their own companies in Skipton, Harrogate and Bradford. The Skipton branch were to become Thomas Fattorini of Birmingham (see seperate entry). The Bradford branch continued to use the Fattorini & Sons name, sourcing goods from Birmingham. However in 1958 they aquired Bradford Works in Birmingham. In 1984 the company was taken over by Thomas Fattorini. The company should not be confused with Frank Fattorini & Sons Ltd.