W Butcher and Sons 1866 - 1926
- Blackheath, Lewisham, London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
1866 listed as supplier of magic lanterns and slides established at Blackheath, London.; by 1895 the firm was advertising using the 'Primus' trademark; much of their extensive range was probably brought in from Germany and sold under their own name; in 1902 their name was changed to W. Butcher & Sons; in 1913 they became a limited company and started producing the Junior Lecturers Series; about 1926 the company combined with Houghtons Ltd. to form the Houghton-Butcher Manufacturing Company. W Butcher & Sons were based at "Camera House", Farringdon Avenue, London, EC4.