1839 - chemist and druggists established by Arthur Hawker Cox (d. 1903) at 32 Ship Street, Brighton.
1854 - Cox patented a pearl coating for pills.
1871 - business divided into retail and manufacturing at 10A St Martin's Place, Brighton.
1903 - incorporated as Arthur H Cox & Company Limited.
1910-1911 - business moved to Lewes Road, Brighton.
1931 - became sole manufacturer of bile beans (until 1980s) for C E Fulford Ltd., Leeds.
1966 - Established Cox Continental Ltd. to market branded products, the number of which had increased since the company acquired Thomas Marns Ltd., of Rushton, Sussex.
1979 - business moved to Barnstaple, Devon.
1998 - Arthur H Cox & Co Ltd acquired by Alpharma Inc. but continue trading.