Cammell Laird & Co. Ltd. 1829 - 2001
- Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
1820s - company founded
1837 - Charles Cammell and Thomas Johnson set up business as steel and file manufacturers in Furnival Street, Sheffield trading as Johnson, Cammell & Co
1864 - firm traded as Charles Cammell and Company Ltd.
1870s - based at the Cyclops Steel and Iron Works, Sheffield.
1903 - Cammell Laird & Co Ltd formed after the merger with Laird Brother's business at Birkenhead.
1914 - three plants in Sheffield: Cyclops Steel & Iron Works, Grimesthorpe Steel and Ordnance works and further afield: Yorkshire Steel and Iron works, Penistone
1929 - Cammell Laird & Co Ltd and Vickers Ltd merged their rolling stock interests to form the then great undertaking Metropolitan-Cammell Carriage and wagon Co Ltd.
2001 - company was acquired by A&P Shiprepair.