Edwards Laboratories Incorporated 1958
- Santa Ana, Orange county, California, United States
1958 - Miles 'Lowell' Edwards collaborated with Dr. Albert Starr, surgeon at the University of Oregon Medical School to develop an artificial heart valve;
1960 - first Starr-Edwards mitral valve designed, developed, tested, and successfully placed in a patient and Edwards Laboratories set up in Santa Ana, California;
1966 - Edwards Laboratories purchased by American Hospital Supply Corp. to become American Edwards Laboratories;
1985 - American Edwards acquired by Baxter International Inc.
2000 - company spun off as independent, publicly-held corporation Edwards Lifesciences; began trading on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “EW”