George Houghton and Son 1869 - 1903
- London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
In 1836 George Houghton partnered with Antoine Claudet, who had a glass warehouse specialising in sheet glass and glass shades at 89 High Holbourn, London. The new company called, Claudet and Houghton made various types of glass including optical glass as well as photographic materials. The company expanded increasing its range of photographic products. In 1867 George Houghton's son joined the company and it became George Houghton & Son, becoming George Houghton & Sons in 1892. The company incorporated in 1903 to become George Houghton & Sons Ltd.