Founded by John Karcher and Eugene McDermott, as ‘Geophysical Service’. Were first independent firm specializing in reflection seismograph method. 1938 company name changed to ‘Geophysical Service Inc.’. 1939 name changes to Coronado Corporation.
1951 - name changed to Texas Instruments (TI) Incorporated. 1955 - TI Limited (UK) formed. 1959 - merges with Metals & Controls Corp., based in Attleboro, Mass. Merger adds sites in Holland, France, Italy, Mexico, Argentina, Australia.