Barrow Haematite Steel Company Limited 1864 - 1947
- Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom
The company was incorporated in 1864 with the Duke of Devonshire as Chairman, Sir James Ramsden as MD and Josiah T. Smith as General Manager. It was erected alongside the iron works of Schneider & Hannay which were bought by the Steel Co. in 1865. At the time it was one of the largest producers of steel in the world.