Great Northern and London & North Western Joint Railway 1879
- Leicestershire, England, United Kingdom
The Great Northern and London and North Western Joint Railway was a joint railway owned by the Great Northern Railway (GNR) and the London and North Western Railway (LNWR) in east Leicestershire. The joint line, which was opened in 1879, ran from Market Harborough to Bottesford and Saxondale, via Melton Mowbray. The line closed to regular passenger trains on 7 December 1953, but retained healthy goods traffic. The line was eventually closed to all traffic in 1964.