Grimsby & Immingham Electric Railway 1912 - 1961
- Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire, England, United Kingdom
The Grimsby & Immingham Electric Railway was an electric tramway network linking the township of Grimsby and the then village of Immingham in Lincolnshire. On its timetable tge GCR called the line the Grimsby & District Electric Railway, although it was officially known as the Grimsby & Immingham Electric Railway. The railway was never incorporated, and its line ran parrallel with the Grimsby District Light Railway for over 5 miles. The line opened on 15 May, 1912 and a dock extension was sibsequently opened on 17 November 1913. Closure finally came in Summer 1961, when the service was closed and all 19 cars replaced by buses.