Hercules Cycle and Motor Company Limited 1910 - 2003
- Aston, Borough of Birmingham, West Midlands, England, United Kingdom
1910 - founded by Sir Edmund Crane, factory in Coventry Street, Birmingham, England; moved to Conybere Street, Highgate, Birmingham; 1923 - moved to an ex-Dunlop factory in Rocky Lane, Aston and this became known as Hercules's Britannia Works and the site of the company's offices; 1929 - took over the Dunlop factory in Long Acre, Nechells called Manor Mills; 1950s - factory was added in Plume Street, Long Acre, a short distance from Manor Mills; 2 December 2003 - original company part of Raleigh is dissolved
1946 - Crane sold to Tube Investments though TI had been the main supplier to Hercules, providing the tubing from which the bicycle frames were made. The last bicycles with the Hercules name were produced by Raleigh factory in Nottingham. The name was allowed to die, although Hercules registered accounts until the end of 2001 and the company was not wound up until 2 December 2003. By then it was registered at Raleigh's address in Triumph Road, Nottingham.
Raleigh combined the company with Norman, Phillips, and Sun to form the British Cycle Corporation. Hercules adopted the slogan 'Wonder Wheels'.