J. H. Humphreys & Sons Ltd.
(FROM MSI notes): Firm was established around 1891 and had been at present site since around 1930. Forced to close due to compulsory purchase of their land 26/1/07.
Contact at firm was Mr Vincent Burke.
The firm's latest literature described them as 'engineers and makers of magnetic chucks, demagnetisers, lifting magnets, wearing parts, shear blades and granulator blades'.
Contact stated that founders of firm came up with idea of using mains electricity to secure parts for grinding rather than using clamps.