Engineer working from his Brighton premises (established 1894) specialising in cinematographic equipment. Designed cinematograph equipment for G.A. Smith, James Williamson, Esme Collings and William Friese-Greene from late 1896 onwards. In 1897, he was associated with the firm of J Wrench & Son and with Alfred Wrench took out a patent for a claw-operated cine camera with a variable shutter. In 1898 he was employed by Charles Urban as engineer at the Warwick Trading Company to make the mechanism for the Biokam.