located at Princes Street, Lambeth; later at 2 Union Place, Lambeth, England (later renumbered 210 Lambeth Road);
17th century - Dr. Johnsons Ointment invented by Lambeth doctor, Thomas Johnson; 1779 - Johnson dies and recipe passed to the Hind family[
daughter married Thomas Singleton and took the recipe with her as a marriage portion. Thomas Singleton died in 1779 leaving the recipe to his son William and on his death it passed via his daughter to the Folgham family. Stephen Green, the Lambeth stone potter, married into this family and by 1848 acquired the proprietorship of the recipe. It eventually passed to the Carlill family who continued manufacture as Stephen Green Ltd.