National Gallery of Denmark 1896
- Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
16th century - King Christian II begins the royal art collection. 1827 - the royal collections became accessible to the public. 1849 - the collections became the sole property of the Danish state. 1884 - a fire at the Christiansborg Palace meant that a new building would be needed to house the collection. 1896 - Completion of the building designed by the architect Wilhelm Dahlerup. 1998 - a new modernist extension is added to the original building. 2010 - new website launched.