The City of London Electric Lighting Company
1890 - founded by J B Braithwaite. 1891 - incorporated and operated Bankside Power Station, supplying an area of 1.25 square miles covering the City of London and the parishes of Christchurch and Saint Saviour in Southwark. 1910 - company offices were at 1-2 Great Winchester Street, City of London. 1948 - merged into the London Electricity Board as part of the nationalisation of the electricity industry by the Electricity Act 1947.