Lobnitz and Co. Limited
1895 - Lobnitz, Coulborn & Co became a private limited company and name changed. 1896 - director, Henry Christian Lobnitz died and directorship given to William A Young. 1946 - Lobnitz and Co. Limited becomes a PLC. 1959 - company merged with William Simons & Co to become Simons-Lobnitz Ltd. The company specialised in the construction of dredgers, hoppers, barges. Notable vessels built include the SS 'Shieldhall' and HMS 'President'.