Established in Manchester in 1835 as W & J Galloway, being a partnership of brothers William and John.
1856 - sons of the founders joined the partnership and it became W & J Galloway and Sons.
1889 - became a private company, Galloways Ltd.
1932 - went into receivership
1933 - records, drawings and patterns purchased by Hick, Hargreaves & Co.