Firmin and Sons Limited 1638

Badge manufacturer,
Button manufacturer
London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom

The company of Firmin and Son Ltd can be first traced back to the ownership of Thomas Firmin (1632-1697) who operated from Three Kings' Court, Lombard Street, City of London and passed down to Nathaniel Firmin. The business remained in family hands until it became a limited company in 1875 though family members were still invovled as either directors or partners.

The company began life as a button manufacture but soon expanded its repertoire to included militia regalia. Their first factory was opened in 1823 at Clare Court, Drury Lane and they soon opened other factories in London, Birmingham and Portsmouth.