The firm was established in Birmingham in 1800 by William Hutton, and was transferred to Sheffield in 1832. Addresses include West Street, Sheffield and Hanley Street, Birmingham. London Office: 11 Warwick Court, High Holborn, WC1. (1922) Showrooms: 7 Farringdon Road, London, EC (1914). The firm became William Hutton & Sons in 1864 and William Hutton & Sons Ltd from 1893 to 1930. In 1930 goodwill transferred to James Dixon & Sons Ltd. In the late 19th century Hutton’s developed a new nickel alloy that could be used for plating called British Plate which is marked ‘BP’ on flatware.