Jennings & Co. Fletcher 1857 - 1927

Whitehaven, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom

Founded in 1857 after taking over the business of Tulk and Ley. From then, until 1884, the company concentrated on four and six-coupled industrial tank locomotives. The company acquired limited liability as Lowca Engineering Company Ltd named at Lowca, the place where their factory was based. In 1905, the name changed again to the New Lowca Engineering Company Ltd but lack of orders and a fire led to them closing in 1927.