1759 - foundry and iron works established by Dr John Roebuck, a chemist, Samuel Garbett, a merchant, and Scottish shipowner, William Caddell as Roebucks, Garbett and Cadells. Factory of established on the north bank of Carron Water, two miles north of Falkirk;
1773 - royal charter and works incorporated as the Carron Company;
manufactured products include cast iron seats, flat irons, fireplaces, baths, cookers, cannons, telephone boxes, post boxes
from 1960 - manufactured stainless steel sinks
about 1982 - after insolvency the company was acquired by Franke Corporation, and rebranded as Carron Phoenix
2013 - still located at Carron Works, Stenhouse Road, Falkirk, FK2 8D
Engineers associated with the company include William Symington, John Smeaton and Henry Cort.