John Bliss and Company
1834 - trading as Bliss & Creighton, John Bliss made and marketed chronometers and other items for navigational use. 1855 - the firm became John Bliss & Son. 1857 - firm was renamed John Bliss & Co. and operated out of 84 Pearl Street, New York. 1895 - boasted that they had sold over 10,000 Taffrail Logs which were "a most unqualified success as to DURABILITY and ACCURACY."