Manchester & Milford Railway Unknown - 1911
Incorporated with the intention to link Manchester, the Midlands and the North West with the docks at Milford Haven. Financial difficulties meant that in 1865 it was decided to divert the Lampeter route to Aberystwyth rather than build through the mountains. This modified line opened in 1867. It was taken over by the Great Western Railway in 1911.