Newburn & Wylam Railway & Dock Company Scotswood 1871 - 1883
On 16 June 1871 Parliament gave permission for the line to be built. Construction of the new line began in April 1872. On 12 July 1875 the line between Scotswood and Newburn was opened. It was operated by North Eastern Railway on behalf of SN&WR. It was bought by the NER under an act of 29 June 1883.