North Staffordshire Railway 1845 - 1922
- Stoke-on-Trent, Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
The North Staffordshire Railway was incorporated in April 1845 by amalgamation of the Staffordshire Potteries and Churnet Valley Railways. The first section of the railway opened for goods traffic on 3rd April 1848 and for passengers a fortnight later. The company ceased to exist when they became constituents of the London, Midland and Scottish Railway, which was formed in 1923.