1896 - business established by George Scammell in Fashion Street, Spitalfields, London to build and repair carts and vans, and selling and maintaining Foden Steam Wagons.
1914-1918 - George’s great nephew, Lt Col Alfred George Scammell, injured and invalided out of the army, developed the ‘Articulated Six-wheeler’ into production in 1920
1921 - G Scammell & Nephew floated a new company - Scammell Lorries Ltd and the new firm acquired land in Tolpits Lane, Watford and built a new factory for the construction of the new Articulated Six-wheeler
1955 - Scammels joined the Leyland Group
1960s - renamed Scammell Motors following reorganisation within the Leyland Group
1965 - G Scammell & Nephew taken over by York Trailer Co
1988 - factory in West Watford closed