Rayner Intraocular Lenses Limited 1910

Nationality:
British

1910 - founded as Reiner & Keeler Ltd, opticians, 9 Vere Street, London; 1915 - company name changed to Rayner & Keeler Ltd; 1918 - Rayner Optical Company formed and took a lease on the property 15 Arundel Mews, Kemp Town, Brighton; 1949 - British surgeon, Sir Harold Ridley asked Rayner to design and produce the first IOL made of acrylic. 1958 - incorporated as Rayner Interocular Lenses Limited; 1978 - moved to Wilbury Villas, Hive, Sussex; 1986 - company moved to a purpose-built manufacturing unit, Sackville Estate, Hove; Rayner has worked with surgeons around the world in the continued development of the IOL and the restoration of sight. .