by 1800 - founded by George Peel, Senior (d. 1811) and William Ward Williams (1772-1833) as as Iron & Brass Foundry
by 1800 - located in Millar’s Street, Manchester, and soon after at Phoenix Foundry, in Swan Street , at Shudehill Pits, Manchester
1810 - acquired the Soho Foundry, Ancoats, beside the Ashton Canal.
by 1821 - known as Peel and Williams
about 1825 Joseph Peel and George Peel (sons of George Peel, Senior) set up a partnership with Williams, and the firm became Peel, Williams and Peel
1839 Peel, Williams and Peel began manufacturing railway locomotives, which were trialled on the Liverpool - Manchester line.
By 1861 a local directory described the company as 'Peel, Williams and Peel, steam engine makers, iron and brass founders, engineers, millwrights, boiler, gasometer and hydraulic press makers, Soho Iron Works and Forge, Pollard st, Great Ancoats st.' In the following year Peel, Williams and Peel was awarded a medal for their machines at the 1862 London Exhibition.
By May 1887 the machinery, works and land 'lately occupied' by Peel, Williams and Peel at the Soho Foundry site were advertised for sale at auction.