Originally known as Rennie Brothers, Holland Street, Southwark. (George Rennie and his brother Sir John Rennie).
1821 - on the death of John Rennie (the elder), the business was divided between his two elder sons (George and John), who remained in partnership.
1830s - J. & G. Rennie established shipbuilding yard, Norman Road, Greenwich.
1838 - provided engine for SS Archimedes, the first successful screw steamer in the world.
About 1850 - George's sons, John Keith Rennie and George Banks Rennie, joined and the firm became George Rennie & Sons, factory, Albion ironworks.
1855 - patented the disc marine engine.
1912 - moved to Wivenhoe and amalgamated with a local firm to become Rennie Forrest Shipbuilding and Dry Docks Co.