Agfa 1867 - 1964
- Berlin, Berlin state, Germany
1867 the company Aktiengesellschaft für Anilinfabrikation was founded in Rummelsburg as a manufacturer of dyes and stains, by Paul Mendelssohn Bartholdy and Carl Alexander von Martius. It became a public limited company in 1873. The company produced a range of products including film, cameras and x-ray machines. Afga gave up camera manufacture in 1983 and all later Agfa cameras were OEM products. In 1964 AGFA merged with Gevaert Photo Producten N. V. to form AGFA-GEVAERT.