Moorfields Eye Hospital 1805
- London, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
Co-founded on 25 March 1805, by John Cunningham Saunders and John Richard Farre (1775–1862), as the London Infirmary for Curing Diseases of the Eye, in Bloomfield Street, Moorfields, London. 1899, moved to its present main site on City Road, central London. 1944, received hit by a 'doodlebug' flying bomb. 1946, amalgamated with the Royal Westminster Ophthalmic Hospital, the Central Eye Hospital and took on clinical facilities for the University of London medical school. 1956, officially named as 'Moorfields Eye Hospital'.