Manx Electric Railway Board 1958 - 1978
From its beginnings in 1893, the line was owned by theDouglas & Laxey Coast Electric Tramway. In 1899 the name changed to the Douglas, Laxey & Ramsey Coast Electric Tramway, and in 1905 it changed again to the Manx Electric Railway Company Limited. In 1958, rolling stock bore the name Manx Electric Railway Board. From 1978, it came under the same banner as the newly nationalised steam railway: Isle of Man Railways.