Barnoldswick Railway 1867 - 1899

Nationality:
British

This was a branch to Barnoldswick from Earby on the Skipton-Colne line; the proprietors were authorized on 12 August 1867 to build a railway of '...2 miles or thereabouts.' This opened on 8 February 1871 and was worked by the Midland Railway, which absorbed the company under an Act of 13 July 1899. Closure to passengers came on 27 September 1965.