Ely & St Ives Railway 1878 - 1898

England, United Kingdom

Originally the Ely, Haddenham and Sutton Railway, the company changed its name when the extenstion to St Ives opened on 10 May 1878. It was leased to the GER which acquired it on 1 July 1898 following and Agreement of 19 July 1897. It closed to passengers on 2 February 1931, except for excursion traffic, which continued until 1957.