Kent County Mental Hospital 1875 - 1993
- born in:
- Chartham, Kent
Opened in 1875 as Kent County Asylum at Chartham, or East Kent Lunatic Asylum. Known as Kent County Mental Hospital between 1920-1948, combined with St Martin's Hospital Canterbury and Canterbury City Mental Hospital in 1948. By 1974 was known as St Augustine's Hospital.
N.B Kent County Mental Hospital, Chartham appears to be a seperate institution form Kent County Asylum, Barming Heath, Maidstone which is listed under a seperate entry and was built in 1830-1833.