Bedford & Northampton Railway 1865 - 1885


Authorized on 5 July 1865 to link the towns via Olney, it ran, it ran from Oakley Junction to, at first, a temporary station in Northampton, replaced when the line opened throughout on 10 June 1872. The company amalgamated with Midland Railways by an Act of 16 July 1885, and the line closed to passengers on 3 July 1939.