Harrow & Stanmore Railway 1886 - 1899

Nationality:
British

This single-track branch of 2 miles 50 chains between the towns was authorised on 25 June 1886. It resulted in considerable urban growth in the area it served and worked from its opening, on 18 December 1890, by the L&NWR under an Agreement dated 29 January 1891, ratified 21 July. Eight years later the L&NWR bought the company.